Skip to main content

2021 Sewing Plans: May Check-In


links to are to inspiration pics, finished projects, and patterns used

Below is everything I’m supposed to have made by now, with the things I’ve actually made crossed off :

3 out of 11. Wow.

I have to remember that I *knew* I would have some setbacks, which is why I don’t have plans for the last half of the year. I knew I would need this time to catch up.

What have I actually made so far?

I did end up making the Special Occasion Outfit hence the unplanned Akita Top and the second Gathered Midi Skirt! I used a beautiful peachy linen that I will also be using to make a robe that will suffice for the Bedgown on my list. Speaking of which…


What have I learned about my creative process so far?

  1. I will - without fail - get sidetracked by unplanned projects and change my mind about the project itself in the middle making it slowing my progress to a crawl
  2. I need to include the time and energy it takes to make mockups in my mental and handwritten planning for any project that is large or that I want to come out perfectly
  3. Having an unmovable event assigned to a project is the most reliable way to keep myself on track
  4. I really need to get in the habit of clearing my sewing table after each project; half of my slow down comes from getting to the point of not being able to work and just letting stuff sit on my sewing table for weeks.

What am I working on now?

So I have reapproached the Bedgown project AND the Seamwork Nolan Pants. More on that in Part 2!

 

Comments