I Need a Sundress!




Goth Summer Inspo


Friends, I am DYING for a set of good summer sundresses and I'm pretty sure of the fabric I'm going to use for them, see the lavender stretch crepe de chine, the black ribbed mesh, and the black sunflower rayon challis below, and lots of muslin.


However, when it comes to plus-sized sewing, there aren't that many classic sundress patterns available. The most famous sundress pattern is probably Mimi G's  Jessica, with a sweetheart neckline, princess seamed bodice, gathered skirt, and large pockets, BUT the largest size does not fit my measurements of 54" - 50" - 58" at all. Fortunately Patterns for Pirates has the So Classic Sundress in a fuller range of sizes. Seamwork also has the Amber pattern, but it's significantly less fitted in the bodice and I want to be able to wear the dress without a bra. Soraya below shows that it can be fitted pretty nicely but I don't know if I'm there in my sewing skills yet and some of the fit might also be due to the give inherent in the gauze fabric she used.

A delightful version of the Jessica made by Nefertiti of The Corny Rainbow

This version of the Seamwork Amber by SewnbySoraya is quite pretty and more fitted than most versions of the Amber I've seen. 
A beautiful blue and green ankara Sew Classic Sundress made and modeled by Martha McIntosh/Garichild









Comments